Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Weihnachtsfeier

Nie wieder Alkohol. That's today's motto. Yesterday was digital lab Christmas celebration in Köln. We headed out at about 1 pm. Had a few beers in Bonn while waiting for the train. In Köln we met up with a former digital lab colleague and started the tour with a late lunch in one of the local breweries. My German food experience was expanded a bit to include some sort of raw meat, which, after pfooing, ended up tasting pretty good.
Afterwards our chief decided that it would be a great idea to go ice skating on a small, portable rink. The moral of that story was I can either drink beer or ice skate. But I can't drink beer and ice skate. (Naturally I don't mean at the same time, but rather while the effects of the beer are still there.)
After I'd had a chance to fall down a couple times and get my pants rather wet, we decided it was time to head to the Hard Rock Cafe. We had a few more beers. No big surprise.
We decided it was time to eat something, so I had my first Döner. A Döner is a Turkish creation and is the most popular fast food in Germany. (Yes, even more popular than McDonalds.)
Once we'd eated it was time for a stop in a very crowded irish pub. Had a couple more beers. We were not there long, for it was time to catch the train back to Bonn.
Anyho! Here are some photos. As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words.




Here we are in the Hard Rock Cafe Cologne. From left to right: Bernd (our fearless leader), Andreas, Me, Klaus, Hanne, and Ingo. In front: Kölsch. Disregard the bottle of water. We're not sure what Andreas was thinking.



This is a close up of me in my wicked cool, personalized santa hat (Mütze). The stars are LED's and blink.



Me and the Digi's on the Eisbahn sporting our Mützen. Hanne was playing camerawoman.

Last weekend was pretty uneventful. There was an Adventsmarket in Endenich (my neighborhood in Bonn). It was small but cute. My roomate Fanny bought a digital antenna, so we now have TV in our apartment.
Alles für heute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home