Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Simple Things in Life

Hallo!
I thought it'd be kinda fun to post some pictures of the some of the unexciting, but important parts of my life.


Here's my bedroom. Other than the very, very white walls, I really like it.



Here's a view out of my window. Unfortunelty I know nothing about the church. But every 15 minutes from 7 am to 10 pm a bell chimes the time and at around 7 pm every evening the full choir of church bells go off, which is actually pretty cool sounding.



If you walk out of my apartment, walk to the end of the block and look left this is what you see. A very typical German street with a typical German bus.



Here's the Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronmie. Ugly, like most scientific buildings.




Here's my lab. I work at the computer in the corner.



Here's a close up of my spot. Sorry for the over exposed windows.



Here is what I'm working on. The yellow bit is what I've added. The green part at the top was designed and build by the lab as a general purpose test board for FPGA's. My FPGA is on the underside of the square circuit board in the middle. You can see all the little connections.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Your workspace has way more light than I would have imagined--certainly more than most of the non-bus places that I've worked!

I never thought a german bus typically looked that different from a typical American bus, though--at least, not the Rheinbahn buses like Sigfried drives

November 06, 2005  
Blogger laura s said...

My lab does have a lot of wonderful german windows (which, unlike the buses, are very different than windows in Iowa). If I were really lucky I'd have a view of the fields to the west of the institute, but you can't have everything.
German buses aren't really different than US buses. Certainly nicer than Cambus buses though. I just pointed it out because I know I have several bus enthusiasts who read my blog. :-)

November 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home