Monday, October 10, 2005

Montag

Hallo all!
Once again we've arrived at Monday, and the weather is still beautiful, which is more than can be said for Iowa from what I hear.Very glad to here the Hawkeyes pulled off a win away from home and that Penn State managed to beat Ohio State.
The weekend was pretty quiet. Saturday I wandered around Bonn a bit, trying to become better acquanted with my new (temporary) home. I'm proud to say I did not get lost. :-)
Sunday was a little more interesting. I visited the Rhineish Landmuseum, which is all about the cultural history of the Rhineland. It was much larger than I expected and very well put together. In the 3.5 hours I was there I wasn't able to see everything.
Otherwise my matriculation into Germany is progressing, although slowly. I finally met the woman who helps foreign students get through the paperwork, and hopefully she can help with the apartment situation.
I also met a very nice grad student from Chile who's living in the guest house. He just arrived as well and speaks no German. It's good to find someone in a similar situation as me.
I'm also almost through my "Firefly" DVD's. The CEO at Fox who decided to cancel the show is a complete moron. It really is amazingly good.
Anyho! I'd best run to the store before it closes. ::Roll eyes::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home