Friday, September 30, 2005

Back in Bonn

This morning Dorothea drove me from Wuppertal back to Bonn. It was good to return to my "Heimstadt" (hometown). After moving my stuff into my guest room, I went to say hello to my colleagues in the digital lab. Only two of the four of them where there, but they should all be back on Tuesday. (Monday is a holiday, the Day of German Unity) Within a two minutes of my arrival Klaus decided that they must speak German with me, and I did not argue. Hopefully Andreas and Bernd will follow suit.
I don't feel near as nervous about being in a foreign country as the last time I was here. Part of it is probably that I'm not taking in everything as new. I also feel more confident with my German, and perhaps more importantly, I don't care so much if people can tell I'm not a native speaker.
Anyho! The rest of day I spent in my room. After spending after 24 hours around people, I needed to recharge my introvert meter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home