Sunday, December 11, 2005

Kölner Weihnachtsmarkt

Happy 3rd Sunday in Advent!
Everything is going well with me. I've recovered from Tuesday's celebration.
It was a productive week at work. ::Knock on wood:: By Thursday I'd managed to successfully program the IP number of the ethernet module and ping it. By Friday afternoon I could establish a TCP connection. What was more amazing, is I could verify the statis of the connection. The next step is data transfer. Unfortunetly I still don't fully understand how to do it. Why didn't I just stay in Astronomy?
Yesterday Manuel and I went to Köln to check out the Christmas markets. We found no fewer than three different ones. The moral of the story was don't go to Christmas markets in Köln if you have any desire to move about like a normal human being. One of the main shopping streets was so packed that you couldn't move. We'd reached a state of human fluid and literally had to flow as one big mass until we reached a cross street. Ugh. I now know how a neutron in a neutron star feels. But I had a Glühwein, hot maroons, and Reibekuchen, so all was not lost.
The big news here is the seeding of the groups for the World Cup this summer. There are eight groups of four teams. Germany lucked out with an easy group: Costa Rica, Equador, Poland. The US on the other hand, was not so lucky: Italy, Ghana, Czech Republic. The Czech Republic is the biggest problem. They're currently "ranked" second. We have arguably the second hardest group. Oh well. Americans don't care about soccer anyway.
Tschüss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home