Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fair, end of the first week

Hi all,
So I've almost reached the end of my first week as a grad student (since classes began on Thurday for whatever random reason). I can already see it's going to be a hard semester.
But first some of the fun stuff. Last Saturday Andy and I checked out the Great NY State Fair. It was much smaller than Iowa's but had more emphasis on teaching stuff than Iowa's. Also the food at ours is better. Anyho!
Monday night was my first orchestra rehearsal in about three years. It was a bit frustrating to be so rusty, especially since I made section principal. I just need some time to get back in the swing of it.
Another thing I need to get back into the swing of is homework. Arg. Right now I'm planning on taking four classes. We'll see how long that lasts.
Otherwise I have no news.

Ok. Jetzt auf Deutsch.
Ich habe fast das Ende von meiner ersten Woche als eine Doktorantin erreicht. Es ist mir schon klar, dass dieses Semester sehr lang sein wird.
Aber zuerst schreibe ich über meine Freizeit. Letzten Samstag sind Andy und ich zu der Great NY State Fair gegangen. Der NY Fair ist viel kleiner als Iowas aber war mehr pädagogisch. Das Essen bei Iowas ist auch besser.
Montag Abend war meine erste Orchesterprobe seit drei Jahre. Ich habe mich geärgert, dass ich so "out of practice" bin. Ich brauche nur einbisschen Zeit.
Was ich auch seit lange nicht gemacht habe ist Hausaufgabe. Arg. Jetzt habe ich vor, vier Kurse zu belegen. Schauen wir mal, wie lange das geht.
Sonst habe ich keine andere Nachrichten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home