Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Americans can't play soccer

Hi!
I guess to be fair I should've said American men can't play soccer. The US team lost to the Czech Republic last night 3-0. Ouch. If they don't get their act in gear it's going to be a very short Cup for us. In the other game of our group, Italy beat Ghana 1-0.
Otherwise last weekend was full of soccer and sunshine. First the soccer. Saturday England beat Paraguay 1-0. My favorite, Sweden tied 0-0 with Trinidad & Tobago. It was particularly amusing because the Sweden fans moarned the "loss" and the Trinidad & Tobago fans celebrated the "win". The evening hightlight was Argentina against the Ivory Coast. Argentina won 1-0. Sunday started off with the Netherlands beating Serbia 1-0, then Mexcio won agaist Iran 3-1, and finally Portual beat Angola 1-0. Of course you all could look up the results on the internet, but as most of you are Americans and don't pay attention to everywhere-but-america football, I thought I'd give you a hand.
But there is more to life than soccer. The weather's been amazing. Sunny, not a single cloud in the sky, and highs in the mid to upper 80's. Sunday my roommate and I hiked to the top of a mountain in the Siebengebirge, sat at the top, soaking in the sun and the amazing view of the Rhine valley. The simple things in life. I took lots of pictures, and I'll post some soon.
Now it's time for coffee.
Have a good week everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Staab said...

No, the men in the us really can't play socar its really to bad. But you can be the best in world at everything. But a little better doesn't like to much to ask for.

Enjoy the beer and the socar laura. I will being Keeping up on thing from here.

June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home