Sunday, May 28, 2006

End of a rainy week

Today is the end of yet another rainy week. After one week of beautiful sunshine, we got two weeks of grey and rain. This afternoon was actually halfway nice, but tomorrow the rain's supposed to return. Na ja. Enough about the weather.
This was actually a good week at work. We currently have a master's student in the lab who is using the same finicky ethernet module as me, and on Monday I helped integrate what I've done into his project. I was happy to see that it seemed to work a bit better for him, so it may be that all (or more likely some) of my problems may lie on my hand-made soldering job. Anyho. I shouldn't speak too soon because I'm sure it'll stop working for him too this week.
Thursday was Accention Day and Fathers Day here in Germany, and on Wednesday I went to a salsa party with my roommate and a friend of hers. It was good times. I learned a bit of mereunge (I'm sure that's spelled wrong), which was new for me. Thursday I did absolutely nothing.
Saturday my roommate and I went to an art museum in Köln. It displayed works from the 13th to 19th centuries. One floor was dedicated to 13th to 16th century Baroque works, and my roommate spent the entire time complaining about how bad it was. We learned that our art tastes are rather opposite, which made for some interesting commentary. Anyho! Afterwards was a bagel time. A bagel store opened near the main bus station a couple months ago, so I had my first blueberry bagel with wildberry cream cheese in I don't know how long. It's the little things in life.
(You might have heard this before...I know I have. Sorry iTunes just decided to play Alice's Restaurant)
Today I went to the new Asterix film. Asterix is a popular comic in Europe, which I don't think is really known in the US. Several films have been made from the comics, which are rather cute and funny. This was was Asterix and the Vikings. It wasn't as good as some of the others I've seen but still cute.
So that's my life these last few days. In other news my sister graduated from high school yesterday. I was sad to miss it, but everything went well. It's crazy to think that both of my sisters are now out of high school.
Happy Memorial Day everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home