Wednesday, November 05, 2008

338

As of 1 a.m. EST President-elect Barack Hussein Obama and and Vice President elect Joe Biden have 338 of 538 electoral votes; more than twice what John McCain and Sarah Palin have. Way more than the 270 needed to win in the electoral college. Five states remain but are too close to call. Iowa went for Obama at %54; New York at %62. (I voted in NY.)

Barack Obama will be the 44th president of the USA. Michelle Obama will be the next First Lady. The news was broken to me by John Stewart.

This is more than I ever hoped for.

My fellow Americans and I just elected the first African-American to the be President of the United States of America; a man whose middle name is Hussein.

It's been a long journey (especially for those of us who are from Iowa), and the it's hard to believe it's over/just started.

What else can I say....

Yes we can!

AND DID!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Staab said...

I wish the best for him as president. I didn't support him but I think he can do well.

Its time to put differences aside and hope that we are still friends after this long struggle.

I'm glad your so happy, joy is a good thing.

November 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home