Monday, June 16, 2008

Berkeley: Weekend Two

Work this past week was dominated with frustration, punctuated with a couple small successes. This week is starting off about the same.
But, fortunately for us, there are weekends. This past Saturday I went to San Fransisco for the first time. It turned into a pier tour. The first stop was a large market at the Ferry Building. There I ate a sausage while watching the waves and the Bay Bridge.



Next was Pier 39, a mostly kitschy tourist trap that is also home to a large number of Sea Lions.



And of course the Golden Gate bridge complete with paragliders.



And last, but not least, a Powell-Hyde cable car on the turntable they use at the end of the line to turn the car around (by hand). Riding the cable car up the hilly San Fransisco streets was quite fun actually.



Sunday I went for a long bike ride into the Berkeley hills. Other than the sunburn it was a great ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy Cowan said...

Sea lions! That's so exciting!

I presume I have subjected you to the cable car video on one of the occasions that you were at my house?

June 17, 2008  
Blogger laura s said...

Yes...I've seen the cable car video.

June 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home