Sunday, April 13, 2008

Six degrees of seperation: Coctail dress to Sark

Now that I'm finally finished telling the Spring Break Adventure, I can go back to my regularly scheduled life stories.
No big news on my end. The semester ends in a about a month, so of course, I should be working on homework or projects instead of writing uninteresting things into my blog. Whatever. It's Sunday evening.
On the upside the weather's been warm. I'm not completely convinced spring has sprung, but it looks good so far. ::Knock on wood:: Grad ball was a couple weeks ago. Entirely unlike me, I wore a black cocktail dress. Season 4 of Battlestar has started. I'm not sure how I feel about some of the plot developments. Baltar a Jesus-figure? Really?
Taxes..grr. Aaron's coming to visit this week...ya!.

A good friend of mine has been doing the world a service by posting all Obama's failings. I thought I'd be my part and let the NYTimes editorialist Frank Rich explain why, even if Clinton wins the nomination, I'm still going to grind my teach and vote for her over McCain.

Tet Happened, and No One Cared

I also went to Wikipedia to look up something, which I have long forgotten because I was distracted by Sark. Sark is a Channel Island (as in the English Channel), has an area of about 2.5 miles, and a population of 600. There are no cars on the island (my kind of place), and it is one of the last places in Europe to abolish feudalism. Let's set aside of one moment the fact that it's "one of the last", implying here are others that haven't, and ponder that there exists places in Europe that are still governed by the feudal system. This whole life thing never ceases to astonish me.
And on that note, I'm calling it a night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andy Cowan said...

a cocktail dress? Are there pictures?

April 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama has failings? I would never know it, living in my house. I would also never guess that Clinton is anything but a sweet, mild-mannered woman who sheds the occasional tear. :) Just realize that your good friend exposes his poor wife to much more than ever makes it to the blog. Good luck with the end of the semester!

~Kris

April 14, 2008  
Blogger laura s said...

Yes. A few. Check out my Facebook wall.

April 14, 2008  
Blogger laura s said...

After living with Marcy, Andy and Matt for two years, I have some idea what it must be like. Though I was at least getting a more balanced, unbalanced view.
Hope everything is going well with you!

April 14, 2008  
Blogger Staab said...

You look very good in that dress its a wonder you aren't covered in more men in all of those pictures. As for Hillary I still thing she is better general election candidate than Obama is but just my opinion.

April 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home