Friday, March 14, 2008

Escaping winter

So tonight I head out for Southern California to escape winter for a week. I'll be back in NY next Friday. There will be photos upon my return.
I had some things running through my head this week. Yesterday I read an opinion article in Newsweek written by a "twenty something" on the Democratic race. She described how Obama is not only the "cool" candidate but how it's also cool to be an Obama supporter. On the other hand Clinton supporters are often reserved about their candidate for fear of being some how "uncool". Now this sort of annoyed me. How often do "adults" complain how the "twenty somethings" never vote and are not politically engaged? Suddenly we all start coming out in droves to vote for the first genuinely exciting candidate of our lives, and it's trivialized, albeit by one of our own, as the result of some fad. That said, maybe it's true. Maybe Obama has a better Facebook page. I don't know.
There were other blog posts I had written in my head, but now I don't remember them. It happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home