Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas Tree Rant

So let me tell you that it's a sad state of affairs. I'm loosing faith in humanity. Why you ask. Because it's next to impossible to find an artifical Christmas tree WITHOUT lights already attached to the branches. Are we really sooooo very busy that we can't take a few minutes and put the lights on ourselves? Is that not in fact the best part of putting up a Christmas tree? Plugging in the lights, untangling the glowing chain of color, and then wrapping the tree with them? Now I suppose finding that one unlit light which darkens the whole string is quite annoying but come now people.
But after going to 8 different stores (all of which likely had the same 10 kinds of fake xmas trees), I finally caved and bought a "prelit" tree. As you will see from the photo, since it came with clear lights, I had to add my own colored ones but quite frankly, an all white tree is dull. The kind of thing that one sees in a store but not at home. Ok. Quite enough of that rant.



But really, life is good. I have a pretty tree. Thanksgiving was really nice. I spent it with two of my professors and their families, which turned out to be a lot of fun. I had the tastiest baked Turkey I've ever eaten. (Sorry Mom.)
And on that note, it's time to eat a bit more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Christmas decorations. I have to get all mine out next weekend, and I can't wait. I bought some garland and put it on our stair rail. Matt hates it, but I like seeing it all lit up and pretty. I think I have something in the hundreds of snowmen now but I have to dig them all out and see. I can't wait.

~Kris, who doesn't know her "google identity"

November 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home