Sunday, June 29, 2008

Disappointing final

Today was the final game of the Euro Cup 2008...Spain vs Germany. As you could probably surmise from my title, Germany lost. To be honest, they didn't deserve to win given how they played.
It also turned out to be gay pride weekend in San Francisco, and given that it's San Francisco, is quite the party. I wasn't really in a partying mood and didn't stick around.
I was also going to impress you all with a quote from Mark Twain: "The coldest winter I ever experienced was summer in San Francisco." Well it turns out that he never actually said it, but it's a good quote none the less. In fact summer here is absurdly cold. I'm happy if I can sit outside comfortably without a jacket. Actually I'm happy if I can sit inside without a jacket.
Work's going well. I fly back to Iowa in three weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Staab said...

I honestly never would have expected it to be cold there during the summer. I guess evens our with warmers winters.

June 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home