Sunday, July 01, 2007

Waiting in SFO

So by the time I get this posted I should be back home and out of airport purgatory. The day took a sudden change for the worse when I walked up to the US Airways ticket counter to an excruciatingly long line. After lots of confusion and switching lines, I end up passing the check-in time limit and getting an additional 9 hours in the San Fransisco airport. The whole experience is rather frustrating considering it all would've been avoided if I'd just jumped line to one of the open self-check in Kiosks. The moral of this trip. Don't be so damn nice. Cut in line if it means making your flight as long as it doesn't screw up someone else.
Anyho! Otherwise I'm still very pleased about how the workshop went. I now have two good ideas for projects that both interest me and result in me building (really designing and slogging through the FPGA programming) an instrument and collaborations with people all over. The perfect recipe for a PhD thesis. If nothing else I've made a lot of interesting people.
Just for fun here a few of the photos I took in Berkeley. Here's a photo of the bay from the roof of Berkeley's astronomy department. It's pretty hard to see through the haze, but you could actually make out the golden gate bridge.



This is a parking sign on campus. The "NL" stands for Nobel Lauriates. Apparently if you win a Nobel Prize, there's a parking spot on campus for you. Though not a single one was filled when I walked by. I don't know if that means once you get your prize you stop showing up to work. In any case I found it rather amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home