Thursday, June 28, 2007

Greetings from Berkeley

Hi from sunny, cool Berkeley, CA.
I'm here for five days at a radio astronomy signal processing conference. The goal of this group is to develop reconfigurable, scalable, multi-purpose hardware for radio telescopes. The conference is relatively small, maybe 40 attendees, from observatories all over the world. I'm learning a lot and making some great connections. Importantly for me, I may have a lead on a project. Now I need to take it back home and see what my adviser says.
I haven't seen much of Berkeley, but it seems like a nice place. The weather is pretty much sunny and 65 degrees all year round, which right now actually makes it a little chilly for me. It's a pretty town. Really green and all. Today we went up to the top of a large building where we could see the Bay and the Golden Gate bridge.
Tomorrow's the last day of the conference, and then I head back East. But for now it's time to head back to the hotel and think about something other than FFT's, latency and block RAM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home